Thursday, March 24, 2011

Okay, Okay, I know its been quite a few months since I posted...

Coles has become a hell of a lot better since a couple of the staff left the bakery dept.  The 2IC was transferred (by management) to another store, and the 3IC left on her own terms to work in the Meat Department of another store as well.  Sarah (who started the same time I did) has been given the role of 2IC, and everyone seems a lot happier.  Justin has come into the fold as well.  "Mr 100%" or "Superman" as he has now been named.

Darren, Will, and Liam have helped me along the way, and I'm now feeling a part of the team.  I've felt pretty alone there for a while, but now everything is falling into place. I'm a lot more comfortable doing the cakes, and packing bread, and my overall product is something that I am happy with.  Took me a long time to get over the Bakers Delight way of doing things, and I do think about my old team everyday, but in my mind now, I've moved on and enjoying life again.

Working 4 days has been fantastic.  The 10 hour days on Sundays and Mondays take their toll on my arthritic ankle (plus the boots and the stairs) but breaking the day up with two 1/2hr breaks helps.  Getting 3 days off each week is fantastic too.  Thursdays I have the house to myself.  The last couple of months I've been catching up on stuff around the house, Fridays I have Caitlyn all to myself, and Saturday is "family day".

Caitlyn is amazing both Gayle and I with her ability to learn stuff.  Colours, animal sounds, shapes, and now, numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment